Wednesday, February 22, 2012

An Explanation

For Lent this year, in addition to cutting down on tv time, I want to read and blog my way through Lent - I know, so terribly cliche of any Catholic writer, but there you have it. I am reading and I am writing and perhaps it will be your penance to read it!

My main source of inspiration will be St. Therese of Lesieux's Story of a Soul. I hope to read, reflect, and learn a little from this saint who mystifies me. In addition to the Little Flower, I will also be reading from works of Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta and St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, also known as Edith Stein.

Hence the name, The Teresa Project.

Perhaps if God had seen fit to send me a girl-child in addition to my four strapping sons, she would be named Teresa?

I pray you have a blessed, fruitful Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment